Changes in 8.5
- improvements in the core conversion routines made three post processor classes obsolete (StripAttributeLessSpanNodes, StripWhitespaceTextNodes, StripWhitespaceSpanNodes), they are now tagged as deprecated and are no longer used in the addDefaultListeners method anymore
- the addDefaultListeners method is now deprecated, it contains no code in its body anymore
- removed all usage of the deprecated post processing classes and calls to the deprecated addDefaultListeners method
- The Apache Maven project file (pom.xml) which is included in the distribution library jar file contains references to the development environment multi-module project and other resources, causing errors when trying to build
- Example projects source code does not include a Maven project file (pom.xml)
- Example implementations of post processing classes are now included with source code, located in the install-dir/addons folder
Ready for JDK 11
Tested with Oracle JDK 8 and OpenJDK 11 on Windows and Linux.
ScroogeXHTML for the Java platform is a library which can convert a subset of the Rich Text Format (RTF) standard to HTML5 and XHTML, as a standalone document, or as a fragment which can be used in other documents. It supports RTF features such as hyperlinks, field results, simple tables, picture data extraction, and embeds PNG and JPG pictures as data URI. It is easy to use, and requires no external runtime libraries except the SLF4J logging facade.