Habarisoft released the first milestone for version 7.0 of its RTF to HTML5 and XHTML converter library, ScroogeXHTML for the Java™ platform.
The installer for 7.0.0.MS1 is now available at https://www.habarisoft.com/scroogexhtml_j/download/release (for registered users only).
As it is work in progress, source code not included in the installer.
The Javadoc API is included in the installer.
It is also available at https://www.habarisoft.com/scroogexhtml_j/7.0.0-MS1/docs/api/index.html
Getting Started PDF
The “Getting Started” PDF is included in the installer.
It is also available at https://www.habarisoft.com/scroogexhtml_j/7.0.0-MS1/docs/ScroogeXHTMLGettingStarted.pdf
New in 7.0.0-MS1
List conversion support
- a new experimental implementation for numbered and unnumbered list is now available and may be enabled with the ConversionKeys.USE_LIST_TABLE switch (see PDF for details)
- multi-level bullet list conversion support is now available when list table support is enabled
- numbered lists with roman numbers are now supported when list table support is enabled
- Note: not all RTF writers generate correct and consistent list level code
- the library includes an example post processor which replaces Wingdings bullets with web-safe Unicode bullet characters
Table conversion support
- cell background color support
- faster algorithm for cell merging
- other improvements are still in development
Release 7.0 will contain breaking changes. Please consult the Getting Started PDF for details.