The 5.0 version introduces a new JAXP mode which offers experimental support for simple RTF tables. For backward compatibility, the classic converter is used by default.
To switch on the new implementation, and enable table conversion support, two properties must be set:
ScroogeXHTMLBase.setUseJAXP(boolean)to true. (JAXP is included in Java SE 7)
The product home page includes a feature matrix which highlights the differences between different ScroogeXTHML releases (4.6 and 5.0) and “Classic” vs. “JAXP” mode.
- Added experimental support for simple tables
- Changed default document type from XHTML 1.0 to HTML5
- Changed root package from de.betabeans to com.habarisoft
- Document types are now defined as enumerations instead of strings
- Requires JDK 7 / Java SE 7 or newer
- Updated source to make use of Java 7 language elements (try with resources, multicatch exception handlers etc.)
- Removed conversion methods which have been deprecated in version 4.4
- Changed default installation folder to the user profile folder as base
- Updated izpack installer to version 5.0.3
The page https://www.scroogexhtml.com/sxd/ allows to upload a RTF file and convert it to different output formats (including HTML5, HTML 4.01 and XHTML).
Full API documentation is available at https://www.habarisoft.com/scroogexhtml_j/5.0/docs/api/index.html.
Four server deployment licenses included
For the deployment on client/server production systems, the Single Developer license already includes four server deployment licenses. License types are explained on https://www.habarisoft.com/scroogexhtml_license.html